Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Turn Admin On!
Income Tax

U.S. Income Tax Assistance

The U.S. Consulate does not have an IRS representative and cannot provide tax advice for U.S. taxpayers living overseas or recommend specific filing services.  However, resources are available for individuals seeking tax assistance while living abroad.

Internal Revenue Service
The IRS provides tax forms and instruction booklets, along with additional information, on its website at In particular, IRS Publication 54: Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad and the Basic Tax Guide for Green Card Holders may be useful and relevant for those living outside of the United States.

Internal Revenue Service Office, Paris, France
Phone:     +33 (01) 43 12 25 55
Fax:        +33 (01) 43 12 23 03
Hours:  Phone service: M-F, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm (Paris time)

International Customer Service Office, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone:    +1 215-516-2000 (not toll free)
Fax:        +1 215-516-2555
Hours:  Phone service: M-F, 6:00 am – 11:00 pm (EST)
Address: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 920, Bensalem, PA 19020

Department of State
The State Department also provides information on taxes for overseas citizens and resident aliens at,,id=97324,00.html and It is the choice and responsibility of taxpayers to decide how they want to file their taxes. Options may include:

Filing Online
Electronic filing services, which allow you to file and pay online with the help of a tax preparer or by yourself. Popular tax preparers include H&R Block ( and Jackson Hewitt (, as well as popular tax preparation software like TurboTax (, allow you to file electronically. Details are available at

Tax preparation specialists in Dubai:

Deloitte & Touche (+971-4-506-4841)
Sakran (+971-50-564-0056)
Virginia La Torre Jeker (+971-4-885-8202)
ExpatUSTax (+971-55-880 6716)
U. S. Financial & Advisory Audit Firm (+971-4-453-1112)
James Burgess Associates, CPAs
** The U.S. Consulate assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of the persons or firms whose names appear on above**